View Single Post
(#120 (permalink))
Old
Burundo (Offline)
JF Regular

06-03-2010, 03:12 PM

I live in the US and have been attending my local community college now since 2004 (reason it's been so long because I came to a point where I wasn't sure anymore what I wanted to do). I have completed all of my English courses for the college, even though I was on academic suspension for not passing all of my classes with the right grade to renew my financial aid. Currently though, I'm attending a technical center to get certified for computer programming, but after I'm finished I was considering returning to community college (though I'm not sure how long it will take me to complete other necessary courses) but this is where I need help and advice on what steps I should take forward. I'm basically seeking to be an ALT.

I haven't had time to read the entire thread yet being that I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I apologize for going on about what has probably already been answered a hundred times over.

I'm 26, currently teaching myself Japanese which is coming along pretty good actually, but I also found out the college campus right next to the community college has plenty of Japanese courses as well. I do enjoy computers to an extent, but I also love English courses and definitely see myself teaching in Japan (either that or something else if the English Teaching doesn't go through sadly, but here's to hoping!!).

Any advice? Should I even continue to pursue the chance or try something else?

I SPELLED MY USERNAME WRONG!!!