View Single Post
(#20 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-14-2010, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
Yes, I think Obama especially is the kind who'd go through with it because he's all about appeasement and deal-making rather than standing on principles.
That's really just a matter of opinion. You can give a dozen examples one way and I can give a dozen the other.

Quote:
And yes, there is a ban on commercial whaling. It's been around for 24 years, pushed for by President Reagan. There is no ban on scientific experimentation on whales that results in the whale's death, after which they harvest the meat.
Call it what you want, but whales are being killed legally by these countries. If changing terminology results in less whales being killed, as your non-left swinging news source states, then there should be little to complain about.

Quote:
So, which environmentalist groups are for this, then? Read these:
I didn't ask who. You said "most if not all" environmentalists are against this. And now gave a list of a couple dozen among the thousands of environmentalist groups that exist.

I guess it is hard for me to continue the conversation until you answer my first question: Do you think the criticism of the president is justified or not in this situation?