(#29 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-18-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vithvicious View Post
And about the hypothetical story.

I'd go with neither, what are two guys in the middle of the night doing at two street corners, just standing there? I wouldn't touch the business guy, he sounds like he is waiting to get picked up by witness protection. People like that are very jumpy and he might shoot me before I get to ask him about his blackberry. And the rough looking fellow that sounds like a murdering gypsy. Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Say what? Stains? Naa, forget that. He's the type of guy that makes people disappear and end up on the back of chocolate milk cartoons.....the cannibalistic kind. Instead I'd roam the houses and look for children toys. If I find a house with some kids toys on the front lawn, then I'd inspect the car or cars. Look for children seats and look at their tire treads. Do they have a 9 to 5? Look for paint wear and look for key marks on the car door. If you answered yes to all these questions. Chances are they are probably well-mannered and decent folk trying to raise their kids. They probably won't shoot me as I usually carry ID and look somewhat decent on most occasions. Knock on their door and explain my situation. What your cellphone has minutes? Here's 20 bucks. I really need to make this phone call. For the most part if you don't BS people they will try to help if they can. Course I could get the door shut in my face but I'd just try another house. I'll probably get someone nice after say house number 3. People who raise kids understand that life is tuff. More so then the guy who lives across the street with no kids and an angry wife.

In the second scenario I'd still go with neither too.

Two women on a street corner?
The first one....I'm sorry but she sounds like a hooker. A miniskirt? In the middle of the night? For most parts of the world, night time usually means a bit of cold wind. No one is going to stand outside on a corner with a miniskirt braving light frostbite unless they have to. And if they have to, it only means one of two things. Either this is a job or someone is making you do it. Which in retrospect leads to one conclusion lol. She's waiting to get picked up by her pimp. So I'm not gonna talk to her because I don't want her pimp to think I'm fraternizing in front of his establishment. Pimps can be very stubborn employers, and it will be difficult to explain to him that I wasn't looking for service, just the service from her cellphone without braving a donkey punch.
I completely agree with what you said before, but you're breaking the fourth wall too much with the hypothetical situation. This isn't a "check the surroundings for signs of children= respectable family thing." The point was, if you had to choose between the two different people in each example, who would you choose? Neither wasn't an option. The majority of the time, though, people will ask the person they think presents themselves in a manner they're attracted to, platonically.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography