View Single Post
(#705 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-30-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
There aren't so many fictional books written in the first person, but you could try "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. There's some big sections of dialogue, but also some large sections of narrative and the story is really interesting.
Thank you for your prompt response.
This book seems to be nice, but I prefer an older narrator and more numbers of people in the story.
Someone says that you need to know about an accident of a certain ship in England in order to understand this story. Is this right?

Quote:
Otherwise, the other book I have that mostly ticks all your criteria is Long Way Down/ Long Way Around by Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman. It's not fiction, but it's written in the first person and has lots of conversation. It's a little more colloquial, however, with shorter sentences and a number of idioms (because the authors aren't professional writers). In a way, though, it makes the english a little more real than normal book-english.
Sorry, but I prefer a story about your daily life. Many words you say while you are riding may be different from words in your daily life.
And I think I need more numbers of people.
I want to know many variations to say hello when you meet friends.
It may be that I should read some scenarios of movies. So I thought I would read The Great Gatsby’s scenario after I read the book.

Quote:
I'll have a think and see if I can't think of any more.
Thanks!!

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP