View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

07-18-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
Ok.. so I can't seem to keep to my Japanese language studies. I tend to trail off and do other things and also i get distracted by people as well then forget what I learned. I'm not sure how I can do the immersion way with studying books cuz I feel I lack the money to redecorate my room and get some other japanese stuff. Though... i usually need someone or something to kick me in the right direction to keep on track and a study buddy would be great as well :/

Anyway... what can I do to make sure i keep to my studies and what can a poor guy like me do to try to immerse himself in the language and culture? One thing I heard was to get some japanese tv channels but my crappy cable service doesn't provide any of that :/
1. Stop being lazy. That's all there is. You're saying "how can I stop being lazy?" There is no trick: just stop being lazy. Either you'll stop being lazy, or you'll never learn Japanese. It is your choice.

2. "Immersion" is moving to Japan, not watching two hours of anime a day. Passive language experience is very ineffective. Only active is really useful.