View Single Post
(#46 (permalink))
Old
ThisOtaku (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to ThisOtaku Send a message via Skype™ to ThisOtaku
Oh, my, well here's my 200 sen. - 07-21-2010, 05:19 AM

I absolutely love this thread! I wish it would have been around last year when I was having trouble deciding on what it was I wanted to do.

-- No, correction; how to do what I wanted.

Ever since I was seven I've been determined to go to Japan and possibly live there. In my senior year of high school I thought I would just graduate and move. Of course that was impossible but it was a nice dream.

It took me a year to finally bite my gums and return to school and get a higher education. I have to say, the next four years are going to be quite interesting for me but I'm determined to do this.

As for degrees, I've decided to get a B.A. In Linguistics with a Minor in Translation so that I can have more opportunities when I move to Japan on my first Eikaiwa with getting a different job if I'm not cut out for teaching.

As for learning Japanese, unfortunately, the university I'm attending does not offer Japanese and the Linguistics degree does not accept Japanese as a language so I'll have to juggle learning Japanese on my own and learning the required French or Spanish. Most likely Spanish since it's easier for me from my Hispanic background.

I don't think I have the right to judge the people wanting to move to Japan on their reasons so all I do want to add is that I'm wishing you luck and speed as I know it feels like it'll be forever before you can make the move!

ロイ