View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-30-2010, 12:12 PM

I'd get up super early and wander around the kyoto riverbanks while everything is just opening/closing, photograph some of the birds of prey, and then go find somewhere I could get breakfast; traditional Japanese, or else really good coffee and rolls. Then I'd hit nishiki food market and spend a couple of hours looking at all the fresh produce and poking around the cookery-ware shops doing some shopping. Then i'd hit the main drag of the gion area, go to the fabric shops and at about 11 stop for green tea and wagashi somewhere. There's a print shop up by kiyo-mizu-dera i'd want to see too, and I might pop into the temple for an omamori Afterwards I'd spend a few hours working up an appetite walking around the heian shrine gardens and feeding the terrapins! Lunch would be....tempura soba or a small sushi bento. For the afternoon i'd go see my friends and their family, and relax, or else get out of the town and go up the mountains for a bit. In the evening, i'd like to go out and bar-hop with my friends around the town, eat yakitori and bar-food and drink umeshuu, and it would be an awesome, foody, arty laid-back kind of day.

Time of year....maybe autumn when the oleanders are flowering and it's all lovely and fresh before the maples turn.