View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-25-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
dogsbody, I'm glad you liked Scotland, & the accent can be difficult to understand. The hardest to understand being Glaswegian. Scotland is good, and I do enjoy it. I'm also very patriotic. But Japan just seems to excite me more. Everytime a programme comes on TV about Japan, I watch it, whatever it is about. I don't know how to describe it, but the term 'Japanophile' seems to cover it well.

Ha ha I guess its a case of the grass beeing greener from HOME.

surely you could plan to visit for a holiday-- why does Japan excite you?

what is is that you think you will find when you get there. Is it the Anime and Manga?

I am interested inJapan but have never been there although I hope to visit and see the countryside. My japanese friend is the person who has givenme an interest inthe country history and culture.

I have seen quite a few programmes too-- but I cannot say they make me want to live there.

Of course I am an OLD person so our tastes differ in a big way.

It would be great if you can go there-- I should think staying with a family is the best way-- but I have no idea of what is available. family exchange system I wonder?

You need to chat with people who live there or were brought up there.

There are so many countries that you can visit as well.

Re scotland-- as I was a sassenach many scots put on a stronger accent so that I could not understand them Ha ha. I used to do scottish and highland dancing-- still love it but too ancient now. I have bred scottish dogs for many years-- Cairn terriers and love so much about Scotland. some of the housing is not attractive and spoil the landscape-- but it really is a wonderful land.

I love scottish traditional songs and music-- tradition is so precious.

explore the world when you can and have fun.