View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-30-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
Something tells me we're not gonna agree on this. My point is that I feel American TV shows try too hard to be realistic, whereas Asian TV shows put let emphasis on reality and more on being entertaining.
Like I said, I am not sure what you mean. Maybe if you could come up with some examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vithvicious View Post
Don't know about realism or not but.....

As for me, I have a bigger problem with shows that try to build emphasis on immorality as a way of building an audience. It says something about the general population since many of these shows are still in business. What America finds entertaining and what Japan finds entertaining are very different IMO. Proportional-ly there are many more shows in American TV that resemble the dislocated equiv-icacy of our moral compass as a nation and people. Tv Production Companies thrive on this which simply domino-effects the entire industry into copying each other.
I guess I am going to have to ask you to show some examples of this too. Lead characters with questionable morality populate stories all over the world. It is how the story is presented and rolls out that makes more of a statement about society (if you really want to go so far and make that stretch).

Last edited by MMM : 08-30-2010 at 08:15 PM.