View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-31-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
how about clothing? dont know if you are tall but lets say if i were to go, how likely is that they will have something for a 6.3?
Depends if you're a guy or a girl. Guys can sometimes get away with it as there ARE tall Japanese guys in Japan and they have to shop somewhere. There were plenty of tall guys living at the Japanese Uni I went to, most of them went shopping at some point. Uniqlo, I think, is pretty good for catering to the Long and Tall. Obviously the less tailored the item, the more likely you are to find something that fits off-the-peg. Big feet is usually more of a problem. As a girl, provided you are not absolutely Pamela on the top, you can normally find tops even if you are tall, but jeans/trousers might be harder to find for the leg length. Again Uniqlo is pretty good, or vary your style of trouser/ switch to skirts. There was one exceptionally tall girl I knew who simply 'saved' all her trousers for when it was cold and wore skirts all summer. Depends on if that would bother you or not!

If you do need especially larger sizes, then you again will probably have difficulty so best to stock up from home.

If you are a girl, definitely bring your own bras if you are a D or more. You can by larger size bras in Japan, but it may take you a while to find ones that suit you, depending on where you are.