View Single Post
(#807 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-13-2010, 09:36 AM

a note to KOIR

Please do not take offence if I am adding to your wonderful and most helpful advice to Yuri.

You go to so much trouble-- I just feel that sometimes it's good to offer alternatives-- in order to stretch the English vocabulary.

It is many years since I was at School, so I forget much of the official grammar-- where you seem to be expert-- which I am sure is what Yuri needs.

I do a lot of reading and I belong to writing groups where we always search for better alternatives in order to make a piece of writing more compelling.

I think Yuri is very fortunate to receive your help plus the thoughts from others. So please I do hope I have not offended you.

I love the spoken and written word.

My japanese friend here in UK loves coming to me, it definitely helps her to expand her English proficiency. Too often the Courses taught to foreign students-- Are way above even my understanding or knowledge. So much is filling in A B or C answers rather than setting compositions.

Yuri appears to have a very good command of English no doubt helped enormously by YOU-- please forgive an English Woman butting in but I hope I have not confused Yuri too much.

So please to everyone who also has offered help and advice to Yuri-- thankyou.

and please allow me to also join the "HELPING YURI CLUB."

PS TO KOIR: I like your final version and isn't it great to see the progress that Yuri is making.

The beauty of language is the variety surely, anything that brings it alive is worth aiming for.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 09-13-2010 at 09:40 AM.