View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-28-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariko0721 View Post
why i put the subject of 'tell me how great japanese train is' , i live in america and american train is.... sorry very messy,smells bad, dark,lots homeless, noisy, expensive and especially the ticket(and ticket machine)is low technology!!!

As you know ticket in japan, Suica , rechargeble prepaid IC card.

It is used for shop too....

On the other hand,, american one,,,, sorry,,, i can not believe it's big country...

i think EU is better, doesn't it?
By EU I assume you mean the European Union? I don't know about the whole of Europe, because I travel by taxi or coach abroad, but in England the train systems are horrific. Judging by the sounds of it the Japanese trains are much more efficient and cost-effective.

In England the train systems don't make any sense, for example it's sometimes cheaper to buy a return rather than a one-way ticket, and at our local station the trains to the nearest city don't run at the weekend, so there's a coach outside instead. So you pay for the train, and then they stick you on a coach! Its frustrating. Some trains lacks toilets now too, making it hard for elderly or people with kids. Inside the trains smell, there's graffiti. There's always delays, never a regular service. Oh, and don't forget the blackouts in the train stations in big cities that seem to happen far too often!

Ah, if the Japanese trains really are as great as they say I'd be so pleased when I get there!