(#22 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-11-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
That's sweet =)

I pray we can all enjoy life . . .always . . .

You know that we need to appreciate our lives. We do not always have to enjoy it. That could be boring and thoughtless. Its making the best of our lives and being grateful for what we do have, rather than complain about what we don't have.

So many people in this world have extremely tough lives and challenges, especially where Mother Nature floods their homes etc etc.

I am really fortunate to live where I do. I appreciate that I can go just a mile to the sea-- have countryside within a few minutes car drive or walking or riding---------------

Large town seven miles away-- which I avoid if I can.

I have my own home-- and that is why I am so fortunate.

this famous saying is helpful really:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference

I have blind friends-- who have gone through their whole lives-- they do not complain about their blindness-- they have just got on with their lives and become involved in various activities. I used to help out at conferences run by an organisation of the blind-- and WOW they sure know how to have fun. They dance the night away-- and many play the piano-- they are fantastic. do I hear them complain?-- Never. they are very close in friendship and loyal to each other.

I admire them very much because I think I would go crazy if I lost my sight.

there is so much to admire in those who have disabilities to overcome.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 10-11-2010 at 10:37 AM.