(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-15-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyabin View Post
Yo !

I'm a currently 17 almost 18 year old whose goal is to immigrate to Japan. I am currently in my second year of secondary education (high school equivalent) in an international education program called "International Baccalaureate" (gives grades that are useable for university application in a wide range of countries, including Japan). After I graduate (2012) I am looking to move to Japan and my partner (Japanese national living in Japan) but I am not sure which is the fastest or best way of doing this in a good legal way.

I have studied Japanese for a couple of years keep improving it on a regular basis. Although I am not a resident of an English-speaking country the diploma I am to recieve after graduating from my current education will recognize me as a native Anglophone of the UK.

I heard that you commonly need a BA or equivalent to be able to recieve a working visa for Japan but are there any ways of legally staying in Japan for longer periods without a BA? I have been thinking about this for a while and am still unsure.

Also - if a Japanese company would hire me despite not having a BA - could I get a working visa?

Thank you very much!
- oyabin
Without a BA or several of years of work experience in your specific field, you will have a difficult time finding an employer that can give you a work visa.

If there are programs that allow you to study in Japan, then a student visa is possible. That, of course, is not permanent, but it is a start.