(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-16-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyabin View Post
Thank you for your reply

Well - say there is a workplace which is ready to hire me without a BA (due to my connections) - how does this affect the problem? Is a BA still required to get the visa?

Also, if I study at a Japanese university under a study visa, how would that work? The grades I will get from my current education are recognized by a whole lot of Japanese universities.

How does marriage affect all this? It is very possible that me and my partner would get married early after I move there, would I in that case be able to change my visa since I would be the spouse of a Japanese national?

Are there any other ways to draw benefits from having Japanese connections and a Japanese partner?

Thanks a lot!
It depends. The visa is issued by the government, not by the employer. And they want to give it to people that deserve it. That tends to be people with college degrees. That's the reality.

Marriage is a step to getting a visa, but is not a simple or easy process. That may take years. too, and at your age, may be extended. I do not know this in detail.