View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
boinky78 (Offline)
JF Regular

10-29-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
There is a fair difference. Back before vanity sizing changed US sizes (10+ years ago the size standards were different), a US M was a Japanese L. Now it seems that a US M is a Japanese LL or even 3L.
Even measurement based clothes have been hit by the vanity thing. When pants in Japan say they have a waist measurement of so many cm, they have a waist measurement of so many cm. Apparently US brands give somewhere between 3 and 5 extra inches over the listed size. US shoe sizes also tend to be what would be called a 3EEE in Japan - designed for wider thicker feet... So what is a size 8 in the US would be more like a size 27 3EEE (virtually impossible to find in normal stores.)
My husband can wear size 8 US shoes quite comfortably, but we have to hunt up and down for 27.5 3EEE shoes to fit him.
Bra sizes are on a different scale altogether and are designed for a different shape of chest, in my experience.

Regardless though, I find it hard to imagine that someone couldn`t find clothes small enough in Japan.
well we were talking about this asian store here in america
and i said they probably used american sizing
then she went on to tell me that clothes from asia are the same sizes
they are here
and some how the convo drifted into japanese sizes