View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

And Now I'm Teaching Japanese.. - 11-01-2010, 12:34 PM

Hey all!

I've been asked to do a short series of Japanese lessons for the older children (ages 9 - 11) in the school that I work in. I've got 6x 45min sessions available once a week from 12th Nov until the Christmas holidays. I know I'm not JLPT1 but I'll only be teaching the basics as a bit of fun.

I've decided to begin with discussing where Japan is and if anybody knows any Japanese words already like Sushi and Karate etc but some children will know more because they studied Hokusai and some Kanji in their Art lessons - lucky kids eh?

Then, as I won't know most of these children, I'll find out their names by setting up a co-ordinates style activity for them to write their names and name of their school in Katakana, then move on to self introductions.

I then intend to move on to Body Parts (head, shoulders, knees and toes song) and clothes and colours before moving on to making sentences about where they live etc.

I come here asking for hints tips and activity ideas from anyone, especially if you work with children and teach a foriegn language.

Lookin' forward to reading your replies!

EDIT: Simple Japanese songs are always good too (like Kaeru no Uta) if you know any you can reccomend!

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me

Last edited by SHAD0W : 11-01-2010 at 02:07 PM.