View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-01-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
Ok im new here guys so please be patient! i was just wondering what japanese views on dating are esp for the younger generation since in england it usually means ur sleeping together 99% of the time after a while, but considering the fact that the japanese culture seems more conservative (men wanting more domestic housewives etc) is it the same there?

thanks!
I'm Japanese and I don't call it a relationship if I'm not sleeping with the girl after a while. I believe dozens of my friends, men and women, share the same view. And I'm not even young, approaching 40. And Japanese men who want their wife to be a housewife are a minority. In one pole, less than 1 out of 5 men wanted their wife to be a housewife.

Edit:
And yeah, there is a question of "what is conservative?" too. For example gay rights is a new and more liberal thing for westerners, but for Japanese, being gay or bisexual had been totally OK until the westerners brought in Christianity 150 years ago. Many Shoguns were bisexual or homosexual. So to us, it's wtf?

Last edited by cranks : 11-01-2010 at 09:15 PM.