View Single Post
(#12 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-12-2010, 03:38 AM

GoNative,
Sorry I lost track of the thread in which I made a rather critical post. It was more toward WingsToDiscovery, but I saw your reply and when I did, I was a bit too drunk... I was going to reply to you in there when I was somewhat sober, but before I could find that thread, I saw this one so I'll post here.

First of all, as I said before, I don't think you are a hater. I think you love, or at least like, Japan, which is very cool. But look at this.

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Rape case ruling shocks Australia

And think about the fact that Australia has 70 times more rape cases per capita.
http://www.unodc.org/pdf/crime/seventh_survey/7sc.pdf
you can say Japanese police cover it up and things like that but still, 70 times ??? Isn't THAT absolutely disgusting? I mean we are talking real rape victims here.

It's totally normal to be disgusted by some Japanese magazines, I am sometimes too. But you AUTOMATICALLY assumed Japan is retarded. Japanese people have very different ideas on the freedom of speech, what is liberal and what is a more advanced country. Many people actually think your culture is retarded and the numbers by the United Nations support that. It's easy to get carried away and be judgmental when we come across things like this about a foreign country. Me included. So let's get the facts down. Does Japan have more rape cases than western countries? Hell no. I repeat. 70 times more cases per capita in Australia. Does Japan have more child molestation cases? Most likely not. Then why, I really mean WHY?, did you think Japan was similar to how western countries had been "years back"?

Everybody has prejudice. I have it too. It is the function of our brains. If you keep putting your hand into a fire just because you are so liberal and think just this time it may not burn, you'll die soon. But I think it is important to at least acknowledge we all are innately prejudiced.

Last edited by cranks : 11-12-2010 at 04:35 AM.