View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
qteemoi (Offline)
New to JF

11-23-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Nope, never been to Takayama, from what I heard, its a very nice place, though, i am not sure if its worth it to invest in so much traveling time to go see a place for a day or less. I don't think it has enough to offer you for a long stay

But as you said, 16 days is a lot, you can probably fit it in if you plan your days better. Are you an early person? How early can you wake up in the morning to catch the train? I start my day usually around 7ish 8, sometime 5ish 6, so catching an early train help a lot. I remember traveling between osaka and Tokyo, attractions are starting to open only when i arrive at the destination city, so it worked out pretty well
Noooope, I'm a shite of an early person! But I'll try my hardest to change my habits. Most my days that I've planned are all early morning starts! I'm in Aus, 3 hours ahead so chances are I'll only just adjust to the time when we leave...so it'll be perfect?

I want to appreciate the cities rather than arrive & bolt so I scrubbed Takayama & Hakone.....Replaced Hakone with Kiso Valley & Nagoya before going to Kyoto....& taking it easy at Miyajima before heading back to Shinjuku!....

Thanks again......Now the anticipation....tooo long to wait.....