View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
inuzuki8605 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to inuzuki8605 Send a message via Skype™ to inuzuki8605
12-11-2010, 04:50 PM

So I guess, by MMM's definition, it would be safe to say that NO WOMAN would be a trophy wife to the Japanese man then, right? When I read RealJames's comment about that, I was just thinking about them showing off a foreign woman that is a pretty darn rare catch in Japan.

It is true. When I lived in Japan, other than the black girls I went to school with (one from Africa and one from France) I saw a black person a month or not even if I didn't go to the bigger city that month. Needless to say, I got a lot of stares. But surprising, I got a lot of attention from Japanese men (unfortunately I had a boyfriend in the states to nothing happened). Even a group of high school boys where calling out to me one day (that was funny). But that doesn't tell me if it would end there or would they really think of something more serious, marriage.

I guess the times are changing little by little and it's starting to depend a little more on the individual.

RealJames you are absolutely right though. There is only one race in the world. Only the mind makes us truly different.

A New Face