View Single Post
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-12-2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuzuki8605 View Post
So you didn't answer your own second question.... You basically confirmed what I said before about how NO WOMEN of the western world, black, white, American Asian, or otherwise, would fit the description of a "Trophy Wife" in Japan because of our personality and not our skin color. Your right, that would be superficial and doesn't really happen that often in Japanese society not even with Japanese couples (it would be too much like bragging). So in reality, it's not about being African American but being Western かな?

I don't think I ever said that I, personally, knew any men that liked to show off their women. I said that's what I thought about RealJames comment. However, I will say that the times are, indeed, changing and Japanese men in my generation (ages 18 - 28)are starting to be a lot more open minded about things. I guess I'll see for sure when I go back, huh?
I think I answered the second question pretty clearly. The IMAGE of a foreign woman, especially a Western woman, probably does not jibe with the IMAGE of a "trophy wife" in Japan (if that even exists).

In other words, I doubt a Japanese man would choose a Western woman as a trophy wife, if that is what he was looking for.

And since you are talking about 18-28, the point is probably moot. They are way too young to be thinking about women in that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
Trophy or not, the guy would feel more special than his counterparts for having a non-asian wife, that said he may even be less likely to cheat on you than they.
Why would an Asian man feel more special for having a non-Asian wife.

Last edited by MMM : 12-12-2010 at 04:29 AM.