(#19 (permalink))
Old
inuzuki8605 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to inuzuki8605 Send a message via Skype™ to inuzuki8605
12-12-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I think I answered the second question pretty clearly. The IMAGE of a foreign woman, especially a Western woman, probably does not jibe with the IMAGE of a "trophy wife" in Japan (if that even exists).

In other words, I doubt a Japanese man would choose a Western woman as a trophy wife, if that is what he was looking for.

And since you are talking about 18-28, the point is probably moot. They are way too young to be thinking about women in that way.
In your second question you said, "Would an African American woman fit the description?" In your answer, you generalized it to ALL WESTERN women. Forgive me, but not all Western women are African American women. So you didn't answer your own question. But really, it doesn't matter.

I think Nyororin has a good point. Even in America, interracial couples are looked at differently, even admired in some cases. Also, I love RealJames's post. I'm not sure if I am total housewife material but, with my profession, I'd be more of a housewife in what ever country I'd lived in.

As for my age group, I have two friends who are getting married and they are in their mid 20s so that's not true. Besides, I don't think I said I want to move there and get married the next day.... I was merely asking about the possibility of it because I am going to be moving there for a long time (possibly for good but I'm not sure yet). But please give me some credit, I do believe in dating for a few years first. haha.

A New Face