View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

12-14-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Really...? Your biggest goal in life is to marry a man who earns enough for you to fully devote your efforts to taking care of your house and children? Is that what you want?! And you call that a "much smarter" choice of life? And you refer to the working world as a "man's world"? That's insulting. Really.

Geez, it's been a looong while since I last read sexist comments like those. Your motivation to go to work is to finance a handbag, and you'd rather be hanging out with other housewives (you didn't say friends, you said housewives) than being at work, going professional and really earning your money. I don't know how it is in your world, but in mine, going to work is not something you do out of obligation. Didn't you say you were a trainee lawyer? From that I understand you're looking to get a job as a lawyer someday, cause otherwise you'd be just very silly to waste your time getting academically prepared to do something you don't ever plan on performing. And according to you, once you get married you wanna quit your job and spend all of your time looking after your kids and doing whatever in your house. Well, that's alright if that's the kind of life you want for yourself, but just know you're as bad as those who claim that men are superior to women, because you're chosing the lifestyle women have fought to get rid of for so long! And what's worse, you think you're being smart cause your man will be the one who brings in the money and you think that will allow you to do what you want and spend all the money he's been paid on stuff such as handbags. Lame. Seriously, you should be ashamed.
i think u need to get over the fact that not all women wanna work in their life and that theres nothing sexist about it at all, i find it kinda stupid that a women needs to prove she can do a mans jobs by busting her hump at work then coming home and doing all the household chores too - that aint smart to me - generally when u get something for nothing thats smarter then having to work 12 hours a day for it - and there aint nothing wrong with wanting to do that in life (for eg if a man sed that he wanted to be a stay at home dad and that was his goal in life) is that sexist? er nope - so why shud it be for a women, not every women feels oppressed by 'staying at home' - and u cant shove ur ideals down someone elses throat like that so really love u shud be ashamed

btw getting an education and having a career are 2 totally seperate issues ive heard so many times ppl throw up this argument of why get one when ur not gna do the other, why not! education refines a person to a great degree and makes them a more socially stable individual, i know plently of women who have gotten an education then had children and not bothered to work because being a mother was a full time job anyway, and more imp in alot of ways - but also because being an educated mother meant that they were able to support and nuture their children in so many more ways, - its not a waste - and to say that a woman shudnt bother to get an education if she aint gona work IMO is far more sexist!

and yes i am a trainee lawyer and i also said i would work for a while then leave when i had kids - im guessing u musta missed that part

and at no point did anyone say anyone was superior to anyone - now ur just putting words in my mouth

Don't make someone a priority....... if your nothing more than an option to them

How can the world end at 2012 when my yogurt expires in 2013?

Last edited by missprincess : 12-14-2010 at 12:11 PM.