View Single Post
(#26 (permalink))
Old
File0 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-18-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
If it's ok with you, I'll be the one to decide how to take care of my children, not you.

Anyway, if I'm lucky and I end up having the kind of job I'm after, I won't have to ever stop working and will be able to do it from home for a few months during maternity leave. But I do expect to have a husband who can stay home and look after our kid if my job demands me to be elsewhere at some point.
Hi Suki!

Well, I guess, I was just having a rough day, not the first time, nor the last lol
Although I'm with @dogsbody70 on this, I can see your point too.
I hope you'll find someone who's man enough for you as well as a fine substitute mother when it's needed.

@StonerPenguin
I can see the world is changing and there are so many alternate family, I can't even think through all possibilities, you are absolutely right with your examples. In fact ten years ago I probably said similar things about women and men. I'm only saying what I'm now because having a family, kids, husband is different, and if I had to change my state for the sake of them, I gladly did, no matter how much I was a feminist or careerist before.
If you want to see kick-ass women, than look on those too who can stand against their own desires and do what's necessary when it is