View Single Post
(#29 (permalink))
Old
inuzuki8605 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to inuzuki8605 Send a message via Skype™ to inuzuki8605
12-18-2010, 03:14 PM

I'm not sure you guys are even reading what Suki is writing. It's Kinda funny how you only see and get from her posts what you want to see. At what time did she say anything about "getting and Substitute Mother?" And who says that a man gets to keep his career and a woman doesn't. (which she JUST SAID she'd be able to work at home if need be and get time off). Are you just trying to find reasons to put her down for her beliefs or are you just not seeing what she is really writing. Maybe both?

My mom was a single parent and I assure you she worked her but off to make ends meet. But I never doubted the love she had for me because she worked. I admired the working woman and, even though I want children and vow to be the best mother I can be, I will work (although, being a writer I will work at home, traveling occasionally).

Whether to work or not after having kids is something that's up to the individual. But don't think for a minute that children raised by stay at home moms or dads always turn out better behaved or get into less trouble. No... That is not the way of it. Like I said before, women have died for the opportunity that is so easily thrown away by people who don't know how to do both (which can be done - I've seen it) or put men on this pedestal saying "why should a man do that especially if he has a career" REALLY? WHY NOT!? What about if the woman's career is more promising? What about if she makes more money? Why is she expected to give that up after suffering (happily I'm sure) through pregnancy and child birth and the man gets to just have fun living life and following his dream?

I understand about not wanting others to take of your child (My mother always said, "No one can take care of my baby like me) and I'm all for that. A firm believer. But the days of inequality are over. Women have just as much right to follow there dreams if that is their wish.

A New Face