View Single Post
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

12-19-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Geez people, size down your god damn images!

I watched Zatoichi yesterday, wasn't as good as I expected.
Zatoichi was already mentioned in the first page Suki. Please, check the pages whenever you suggest a movie, so that there wouldn't multiple promotions of the same movie.

ファンシィダンス Fancy Dance

Lately I've been interested in Masayuki Suo's movies, so I thought I'll mention few here. Fancy Dance Masayuki's debut movie which is a live action adaptation of a manga of the same name. I'm not really a fan of manga/anime/novel adaptations, but I must say I'm glad I decided to watch this movie.
The main protagonist, Yohei, who is played by Masahiro Motoki (who also plays the lead role in the movie Departures) is a rebelling rocker who has to become a zen monk so he could inherit a temple, in order to do that he must train in a monastery for a year. Will he succeed, and will he be able to return to his previous life after that?... Watch the movie if you want to know the answer. Throughout the movie you'll see what kinds of rituals and tasks a person must endure to become a monk, and how a monks daily life looks like. That alone, is a pretty good reason why you should watch it. So there you have it, a rebel + a place with a strong archaic discipline = a comedy with lots of interesting situations.