View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

What do you like about Japan? - 01-11-2011, 05:44 AM

I don't really wanna hear about all the things that are good about Japan, just the ones that you like in particular.

In my case, I'll list a few.
  • I love that drugs are rare. In most places I've lived it was a dominant part of society, and honestly I was sick of it all.
  • I love how courteous and hospitable Japanese people are. I've never met a Japanese person who turned away a chance to make my life here more comfortable in any way, it's just so welcoming and appreciated.
  • I love the strong family ties here. Many families are so close and often have 3 generations living together. People take their parents opinions seriously also.
  • I love that I'm not constantly being bombarded by opinions of how I should think or do, or what's right or wrong. It's not an overwhelmingly opinionated culture.
  • I love that religion isn't so predominant and in my face. That I can talk about it if I want without having to worry about pissing off someone, same goes for politics.
  • I love that sex isn't such a taboo thing! (I'll leave it at that... there are younger readers among us)
  • I love how safe this country is, I can go for a walk at 3am through 99.999% of Japan alone with no worries about my safety. (speaking relative to other countries of course)
  • I love that I can find convenient stores around every 2nd corner.
  • I love that the food tastes so good and is generally healthy so I can pig out on it!
  • I love that the taxes are included in the prices.
  • I love the heated toilet seats with the おしり spray! (TP is barbaric...)
  • I like that bikes are registered, and police do check. There are a lot less stolen bikes than in most big cities.

(This isn't a thread about what you don't like, there's already one of those.)
(I added some reasons that I remembered only after reading other people's posts )

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.

Last edited by RealJames : 01-12-2011 at 04:06 AM. Reason: adding more reasons