(#18 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-12-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
That's so nice for it to be a big deal that you saw a syringe!
I used to see them on a weekly basis, sometimes more often!
And that wasn't nearly as bad as the foamy mouthed od'd addicts in random alleys or violent robberies and frequent break ins for drug money.
Pretty much this.
Spotting a syringe is a lot different from knowing that it is an illegal drug (there is a tiny tiny chance that it was a legal item - insulin, for example) and spotting addicts hunting for specks on the pavement that might be dropped drugs...

I honestly cannot think of anyone I knew in the US (other than my grandparents) who did not use drugs. My mom is an addict, my sister "experiments", my brother had suicide and addiction issues after having a school nurse suggest ADHD medication for him, I lost a friend to an OD, and "lost" several other friends to heavy addictions. My cousin is a zombie, now on multiple anti-depressants and anti-psychotics to "fix" what other anti-depressants screwed up. A friend was given heavy duty stuff after becoming depressed when a relative died, and is now a long term addict and can`t function without it.
And... Everyone else seems to dabble in pot, crack, meth, and ecstasy.

For the longest time I was the ONLY person around in school, work, and pretty much everywhere else that DIDN`T use something... I was seriously getting requests for my urine at every turn.

It`s a completely different world in that regard in Japan.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.