View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-19-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Isn't that rather bad advice? One of the many reasons for the economic recession of late was due to the housing crisis, the banks were loaning out money for mortgages that people couldn't possibly afford to purchase. There are many people who have gone bankrupt or are in substantial financial difficulty, because they have brought property they can't afford and 'found a way' to 'afford' it.

In response to the original post. Housing is very tough at the moment, made worse for first-time buyers as I think they need a 20% cash deposit on a house, and of course that's a lot of money to find in one go! There are still council properties avaliable actually, but - as said - these are very difficult to find, the waiting list is huge, and there's no guarantee of finding a 'suitable' place. I'm kind of curious as to what housin conditions are like in Japan too, but I think they're faring a lot better - I think (as Sangetsu said) housing prices there are extremely low, so in regards to buying property it doesn't sound too bad for potential buyers
My advice isn't to find a way to borrow more money to buy a house, it is to find a way to make more money. It is the entrepreneurial spirit which motivates people to succeed rather than to merely subsist.

If I want a nice house it goes without saying I will need to pay a nice price for it. If I want to have the money to pay that price, I will have to find a way to get it. If my job doesn't pay enough, I either need to find another job, or try to move up in my current job. If neither of these are an option, then perhaps I might find a way to make more money working for myself.