View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Mollipop (Offline)
New to JF

Advice on choosing 'A-levels' and a degree if wanting to live in Japan after uni. - 01-23-2011, 09:58 PM

Hi!
My name's Molly. I'm 16 and looking to hopefully move to Japan sometime after university. I understand that I'm young still, but I have visited Japan, loved it, and have been intrigued by their culture ever since! Currently I'm doing my GCSEs here in England and next year will start my 'A-levels.' These consist of three or four subjects taken over 2 years. After that it's uni! I'd like to find a decent job in Japan when I move and as such I'm currently learning Japanese out of school (they don't teach it, unfortunately). I learnt Hiragana and Katakana a while ago, have learnt a good amount of vocab and am making progress with Kanji!
So I was wondering, if I was to get a decent paying job over in Japan that wasn't teaching English, what are the best options for me to take? I'm not sure if my 'A-levels' are of much importance, but I'm computer-orientated and was planning to take: English language, ICT, Computing and Media Studies. For my degree however, I wanted to take it in Japanese. But if by then I find my Japanese is more than adequate, would it be more useful to take it in something else that will set me up for a good job in Japan?

Thank you. ^w^