(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-01-2011, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi123 View Post
. The question is, is there a big difference in available rental places for foreigners and non-foreigners? My search online hasn't revealed a lot of suitable places for me (i.e. within my desired size and budget). Will there be much more choices available for non-foreigners or at least what I can find online?

There is a huge difference in what is offered on Japanese sites and English sites. Whether there will be more choices available to you really depends on your budget and desired size.

Sites catering to foreigners in English tend to be aimed toward the very high income expat - the kind whose company either covers everything, or who will be getting paid enough that cost isn`t a huge concern. Most sites seem to only list from a very small pool of rental properties.

But in the end, it does depend on your budget. No matter how many choices are available, if you are looking for something that doesn`t exist - you won`t find anything.
What kind of apartment are you looking for? And for what kind of budget?
If you tell me what station you`ll be close to I`ll do a quick search and post a couple links to what is available on Japanese sites.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.