View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-06-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolawant View Post
sorry, but I'm uncomfortable giving out personal information over the internet but I heard about how there's a limit to how many kids you can have in china and some other things I can't remember and I was like that sucks. And I would like to give a child another chance because my aunt just adopted a child and I was amazed of how the child went from terrible conditions, to very nice ones hope that answers your question. But don't get me wrong, I'll adopt other children from other nationalities but I just heard more information on china
I don't think age in the personal kind of information one should be uncomfortable in giving, but I respect your belief.

As far as I know, China has the one child rule and if you do decide to have another, I've heard that second child wouldn't have medical privileges available to it.

Anyways, for an American to adopt, the norm is to be married and pretty well off financially. I'm pretty sure there is an age limit of 40 and I'm sure there's a minimum as well. It can add up into the tens of thousands of dollars ($30,000-$40,000) not being unusual after all the paperwork and the trips to China for interviews and evaluations. It is not a cheap endeavor by no means.

It's noble to think one can adopt a child and provide them with a quality of life that is better than what they may have. But one also has to think about the child and the cultural needs it may require and want in the future.

These are just a few observations and shouldn't be held as definite fact.