View Single Post
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-14-2011, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
MMM, I've too sensed that you get very touchy whenever someone brings up something to do with the US. It's ok to love one's country but it's also ok to overlook comments you might not like just because they carry a not-so-nice message about something you worship so much. I mean, you don't have to be so concerned all the time! We're not saying "all of the US population are this and that", we know the place's filled with lovely people (and there is no sarcasm in that, believe me, the people I admire the most in the whole world are American born, all of them, and I myself wish to move overseas someday because I truly believe the US is a great country to live in and has great things to offer), however, sometimes it's ok to joke around and admit the obvious, and by forbidding us to do so you are violating one of the core pillars of the whole American idea.
I am not sensitive about the US, but am sensitive about stereotyping and untruths spread about ANY persons or country. The fact is, on JF most of the time that is about Americans.