(#4 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-14-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregX999 View Post
Thanks. I think it's mostly your fault.

Well, if making a wish list, then I prefer lower cost of living, shorter winters and longer (sunny, less-humid) summers. As far as local area, being in a very "walkable" area (easy to walk to stores, restaurants, etc.), but serene and not so much concrete jungle.

However, I'm sure I'd have to be flexible.

I have no doubt a great location is out there. It's just a matter of figuring out how to find it.

I just looked at some photos around Ashiya and Mt. Rokko on Google Earth. Wow, looks beautiful! (But to me, most of Japan looks beautiful. )
You're not the first I've swayed towards the light lol

Seems to me like you'd be better off in a satellite town of one of the major cities. Most of Japan, mid-sized city and up, will have all the amenities within a short distance, perhaps not on a walmart scale but at least a shopping arcade for food and cheap goods.
I haven't seen anywhere here that is both warm in the winter and doesn't have an ultra-humid summer lol, but honestly you adjust, at least I did, my 2nd summer wasn't even half as bad as my first, and the 3rd was a cake walk.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.