View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-03-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I played with it - and will probably buy it in the next week or so, if only for the novelty value... (There are no games out right now or coming out very soon that interest me.)

The 3D effect is pretty interesting. Nothing "jumps out", instead there is added depth to the screen, making it seem like you are looking into a box instead of at something flat. I was impressed that it *didn`t* make my eyes hurt, like all the other 3D technology I have played with so far.

I also have to say that I`m pretty impressed with Nintendo for making the 3D an option and not a requirement for play. My son only has one properly working eye, so 3D that is forced on you sort of drives me crazy. I had to try to keep him from crying when his kindergarten had a "3D movie" day... and with the glasses on, everything just "looked red" with no coolness. *sigh*
:O... I'm sorta scared that it will make my head hurt , I'm not that great with 3D stuff myself. I also had a pretty traumatizing 3D movie experience as a kid, so that doesn't help. Oh, so it's not really 3D in that sense, but 3D as in depth. That's really cool! I guess that's called thinking outside the box (or inside the box in this case :P).

That's not fair for your son. I'm sorry he couldn't watch the 3D movie, but I personally dislike 3D movies and even 3D books, it makes my head hurt. I think it will be fine without 3D . Who knows... 3D might actually have bad side effects, and your son will be unaffected ! (sorry if that thought is sorta dark at the same time).