View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
03-09-2011, 10:36 AM

The Club i went to in Shibuya closed around 6 am, so it seems to depend on where you go.

Personally i didn´t like Roppongi because its a mainly foreign crowd and you will be the "target" off all kind of "come to our bar", "come here its all you can drink",.... i hate that. If you don´t mind that than Roppongi might be a good place, but i dont recommend it. In most other areas people will just leave you alone because they asume you don´t speak Japanese or entirely target Japanese people. Roppongi is the place many expats go for a night out and the Japanese people there usually speak some English and/or are interested in foreigners and foreign culture.

Shinjuku is busy at night but its more a place for host bars and massage parlours than clubs. Its fun to walk trough one night anyway and do some people watching.

Shibuya has a Area with quite a few clubs but mainly has a japanese crowd, so its your choice where to go. Check some online sources or a lonely planet to see whats possible.

And don´t forget that after 00:30 it will get really difficult to get to another Area without an expensive Taxi, so you might want to stay, lets say 2 days around Roppongi and 3 days around Shibuya if you want to see different places every nigth.

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)