View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

An Interesting Observation in Kobe regarding the Disasters - 03-18-2011, 04:44 AM

I live in Sannomiya, Kobe, which is just west of Osaka.
Since these disasters have happened in Japan, I've been out a lot in the evenings and some day-times.

Here's the observation: Everything is the same, life goes on as usual, everyone is laughing and having a good time, sales are unchanged, my students still come in as regularly as always, after the 3 minute "yeah that's so tragic" conversation, it's like nothing happened.

The conversations that I overhear have nothing to do with nuclear plants, tsunamis or earthquakes.

There are a few people asking for money beside the big grocery store, most convenient stores had a new charity box next to the cashier, and the TV news only talks about it, that's it.

If you didn't know these events had occurred, and didn't watch tv, there would be no way for you to know about it by looking at the people of Kobe.

Is this good? Is this bad?
That's for you to decide.

I think it's good, the northern part of Japan is largely depending on the southern half to take care of it through this. So it needs to continue being productive like a well oiled machine, no hick-ups.
I'm not the kind of person that cries at funerals, it seems selfish to me.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.

Last edited by RealJames : 03-18-2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: edit the title