View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-18-2011, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Same up here in Hokkaido. Even though some idiots on this forum are suggesting stuff like evacuating nearly the whole of Japan we up here are just getting on with everyday life. If we didn't watch TV or any other news media we too would be completely oblivious to the disasters down south. Our lives here are pretty much totally unaffected except for a few coastal areas that did receive up to a 2m tsunami that didn't cause anything like the destruction down south. There is absolutely nothing to worried about up here in terms of our safety. Nothing beyond normal that is. I've completely given up even looking at any western media for the moment as there is just so much misinformation, lies and misrepresentations it's incredible. Unfortuantely a lot of credulous people on these forums are lapping it up.
You raise a good point, GoNative. During Hurricane Katrina, America didn't shut down. I did not miss a minute of work, and normal everyday actions. Even on 9/11 (when I was a teacher) there was no time off work or anything different than a special assembly, and catching up on information between classes.