View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
philostyle (Offline)
JF Regular

Red face anyone who has rented an iPhone 4 SIM in Japan? - 04-07-2011, 10:46 AM

Hi all!

It's a long shot but I had just called my phone carrier regarding their roaming rates in Japan and it is quite BIG. Like US$5 a minute.

So anyway, I am now looking to rent either a phone or a sim card. I do have an iPhone 4 that is unlocked and I am thinking to use it still and rent a sim card over renting a phone. Has anyone experienced this? *hopeful*

I have read previous threads on phones but nobody has mentioned having used the iPhone 4 or renting an iPhone Sim Card with Feedback. I am just scared that my bill could rack up to huge $$$$ without my knowing. If I turned off or unabled the cellular data network switch, do you think my phone might still connect to the net? I only need the phone for calling or SMS.

Regardless, I still would rather get one myself in person in the airport than booking for one in advance online because I want to look at the phones still and see whether my iPhone will really work properly too. Are these sim cards readily available in Narita airport?

Thank you so much for reading my long thread. I am doing all the preparations as I am flying by myself. Thank you.