(#65 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-12-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mail747 View Post
I am from the UK.
Heh, it's not that I'm obsessed with the country, but I'm obsessed with people who are obsessed with it... obsessed with the obsessed, in a way :L Weird I know.
Sometimes I think it may just be Weeaboo / Otaku hate taken to the next level, rather than My Japan Syndrome.

The fact of the matter is, there are a lot of foreigners who I completely wouldn't mind in Japan. It wouldn't bother me if you went, Robin, or most of the other people on this forum. It's one of the reasons that I posted here, because most people here are not obsessed with Japan, but rather have a mature attitude about it.

In fact, so far there's only one person that I know of on this entire forum who I have... issues with. And that person is obsessed with Japan.

Hehe, don't worry I'm not a complete Scrooge. I don't mind some cheeky humour in posts

Thanks for all the tips, I'll definitely look into them.
And about treatment being free, even so I'm still very skeptical about just talking. I've told you everything on this thread. I haven't held anything back, but the problem remains. It's why I would much rather invest in Hypnotherapy, but of course that costs. But of course, if it leads to it then I'll follow yours and most other's advice here a see regular Therapist. I'll just have to wait for when I have more free time, busy time of year for me at the moment.
Well hypnotherapy relies on a lot on the individual's desire to get better. The idea is to put you in a completely relaxed state in order to get to the root of your problems without you holding back, which is great in theory, because you say you have problems talking to a professional. Its downside is that - from what I've heard and seen - you need to want to get better. Like someone who smokes will have to really want to stop smoking, because if they go in all 'this is stupid' or 'I really want a cigerette', then it won't have any effect. It seems like you really want help though, so I doubt you'll have the problem of holding back or fighting treatment.

A good hypnotherapist - and you must check credentials, reviews from other patients, etc. - will cost you around £100 an hour, usually with about two or so sessions, depending on your needs. It's a worthy investment, but depending on your monetary situation it's admitedly expensive.

I would suggest classical therapy. The waiting list can be long, but it's well worth it. There's everyone from psychiatrists, psychologists, counsellers, psyciatric nurses . . . and there's many types of therapy: cognitive, Freudian, behavioural . . . so it's worth going in and checking it out, because - bear in mind - if you don't get on with it then there very likely will be another method that is right for you and that you can get on with. You can request chaperones or second-opinions or even to see another doctor, so don't feel trapped by it at all

I've unfortunately been through the therapy route a gizillion times with various people, and I can say it does help. Even when it doesn't "cure" an issue, people do seem to come out feeling somewhat better for it, because it can teach you techniques to cope or to re-evaluate yourself and your actions, and - if nothing else - talking to a person face to face, knowing it's all confidential, can be a relief.

So yeah, hope that helps you to make a decision, but good luck, whatver you do