View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-06-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
I only ate pizza twice in Japan and each time it was the same size as what I'm used to here?

On another note, the teacher thought that Hawaiian Pizza (Ham and Pineapple) was exclusive to Japan and used that as an example of "strange" pizza, but we have that here too?

Crab meat pizza does sound awesome though! Anyone else got any good ones?
Typically if you order from a place like pizza-la (the link James provided) a large is a decent size, but it is still smaller than a large at some places I could order from back in the states. In addition it is many times nearly double the price that I would pay back home if I ordered a speciality pizza. Taste is decent, but for me its nothing still nothing to write home about. Just my opinion though. And if you go to an cheap "italian" restaurant here more often than not, the pizza is skimpily topped on a paper thin crust, and is pretty small, price is usually decent though.

The best pizza I have had in Japan was not even at a pizza place. It was at restaurant/bar in a fairly small town, that does not really have a theme I think. The owner is very well traveled and is a fricking awesome chef. I have never had a bad meal, or even a meal that did not impress me at his place.

Basically this pizza was baked on a sesame seed crust (sounds weird but trust me), his ingredients are great quality, and for some reason I was really impressed watching him slice the meat for my pizza in front of me, with a meat slicer he had behind the bar (again this is not even a pizza place). The only drawback was the price and size, like 1200-1500 yen for what I would consider a mini. But it was awesome.

Last edited by RickOShay : 05-06-2011 at 11:10 PM.