View Single Post
(#661 (permalink))
Old
chinabean (Offline)
JF Regular

05-08-2011, 01:47 PM

Wow. I just caught up with everything from my posts 3 years ago.

As for an update...unfortunately and fortunately l didn't end up getting my bachelors degree in June of 2008. Life happens, the only guarantee in life is death, but those of us who are still alive for the time being learn to do their best to move forward. With all that said I haven't been able to go back and finish my degree due to financial issues, which sucks big time.

In the time, that I was out of school I was working and regretting not being able to finish school and it was kind of a blessing in disguise because the school was changing a lot and I saw my fellow classmates graduate and still haven't been able to get a job for pertaining to their degree, but one of their goals in life isn't to go work and ultimately live in Japan.

Fortunately & Unfortunately, the company I worked for in meantime was ONsemiconductor, a company that bought Sanyo in Japan. I was a Wafer Fab Operator there, but recently got laid off due to ONsemiconductor moving everything to Malaysia; but because of that I've been granted the TAA which will pay for schooling for me to get a job again & right now I'm going to be attending a school that is for getting certifications in the IT field such as A+, N+, MSCE, etc. which I would use to get a job and earn experience in the field and pay for myself to get back into school and get a bachelors degree and hopefully my transition to Japan will be more beneficial or easier that way?

I was also wondering if the IT certifications here mean anything in by employers in Japan or do they simply only care for the degree?