View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

05-18-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
I know that RealJames wanted to do this to make his Japanese better (forgive me if I got it wrong), but if you don't even plan on improving your Japanese beyond a few words while cutting yourself off from all foreigners, don't you think you'll get incredibly lonely?

I mean, after a few days, surely struggling to make the Japanese understand your English, and only being able to have basic conversations with their broken English will get tiresome, boring and lonely.

I see your location is Germany, and I see your English is great if German is your native language, but not only would you have to grapple their Japanese, but you'll have the added pressure of speaking English too. Not being able to use your native language for so long seems a little daunting to me...

Just curious, have you been offerd a job yet? Because I was pretty sure they only employ native English speakers to teach English in Japan...
It'd be an interesting case if you've been offered the job.
Well, I will go there with the Working-Holiday-Visum. So I already carry my working visa with me. They don't have to apply one for me at the goverment or so.. where the rules are a little different.

I was told from many friends and other Forum members, that I will have great chances to get a job if they are pleased with my personality and character, look, kindness and first impression. It's the most important part for the Japanese people I heard.

Also, I am about to finish my A-Level with a A in my advanced course in English. I would also do a TOEFL Test if neccessary?! Haven't decided yet.. do you think I should do one?

I will look for teaching job opportunities when I arrive in Tokyo/Osaka. Then I thought to just contact them via phone or skype and arrange a personal Interview with them.

I have experience with only talking in English and I love to speak English while learning some Japanese for one year That really wouldn't bother me the least. Infact I would be glad to get away from the German Language again haha^^

I just hope to make as many Japanese friends as possible I will start the next month or so to make as many Facebook, penpal and skype friends as possible. I can't imagine feeling lonely while spending time only with Japanese and Koreans

Unfortunetly I only met Koreans while I was traveling throughout OZ, NZ.

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 05-18-2011 at 09:54 AM.