View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-23-2011, 02:26 PM

まんだらけ in Umeda (one of the biggest train stations in Osaka) in the 東通商店街 is a comic book shop but what's cool is that the staff all do cosplay!
I'd pretty much avoid Umeda for shopping except for Hep5 and Est, unless you're filthy rich...
Hep5 has a huge red Ferris Wheel above it and that's nice too, the whole building is trendy fashion shops too.
Kyobashi and Namba/Shinsaibashi are a lot cheaper and have more shops though.

going from Shinsaibashi to Namba, or the other way, is great shopping, it's a really long shopping arcade and you can see Flying Man!! (iconic of the area, take a pic with it )

Kyoto honestly has amazing shopping and a few of my favorite temples, including Fushimi Inari (It's got like 10000 of those red gates)

Tennoji is pretty ghetto,
USJ is where Japanese people go to feel like they're in America, so for a tourist to go there is pretty stupid lol

You said you were going to visit the aquarium in Osaka, well right next to it (like a 2second walk) is a huge Ferris Wheel and two of it's carts are entirely transparent, if you want to conquer your fear of heights, do that!

There's also an art gallery right next to the aquarium. It's a tad pricey, and it's due to be shut down soon, if you're lucky it hasn't already ><

want more?

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.