View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-23-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post

What also annoys me is that virgins seem to get a whole stigma attached to them, being that they're 'inexperienced' or it's 'messy, that first time' and so forth, but then to be too promiscuous gets a whole stigma attached to it, too. A girl can't be a virgin, but she also can't be a slut, and it makes me really wonder what this 'magic number' is that people seem to think is acceptable.
LOLOL I didn't even mention that, but the sheer assumptions made by guys considering sleeping with an older virgin are sometimes staggering and not just a little hilarious. I won't go into details but my housemate's boyfriend came out with some real doozies on what he thought would happen the first time. Virgin=/= ignorant, incapable or biologically peculiar or completely inexperienced. Alarms do not blare if you try to walk into An Summers with a hymen. Then again, he was a complete moron. -_-;

As for Japan, I've seen sex how-to's in magazine aimed at teen girls, so I'd say there's less of an issue about pre-marital sex based on that alone. I doubt many parents actively WANT their offspring sleeping around like billy-o, but promiscuity is a slightly different issue to simply having sex before marriage.