(#27 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-25-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel View Post
Instead we have a Debito-tard who spots the supposedly offending sign, but fails to confirm whether there was any matching discriminatory treatment or unfair treatment. Rather piggy wiggy squeals 'discrimination!' and runs to email Debito.
While this only partially pertains to the QB House sign issue, there is a trend I have noticed among some foreigners in Japan when it comes to opinions on language ability. Asking them to speak Japanese while in Japan is somehow incredibly unreasonable and even discriminatory... But *expecting* Japanese people (again, in Japan) to speak English for their benefit is not. They often completely fail to realize how incredibly contradictory this is.

It never fails to stun me. This may just be an American thing, but it becomes even more shocking when they (as is often the case) speak up in support of making English ability mandatory for receiving service in the US.

Quote:
Debito's point isn't that Japan is a racist country. It's that there is no legislation protecting minorities.
And my point was that they are not common. They are not - regardless of legislation.

Either way, if Debito`s point is legislation - he needs to send out a memo to all those who follow him. They are off on a crusade against racism and perceived racism (more of the latter than the former), and he is certainly not stopping them.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 05-25-2011 at 12:12 AM.