View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-16-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
When I first arrived here I was walking around Hep5 in Umeda and a group of junior high school girls decided to talk to me and my (Japanese) friend to try out the English they'd been learning.
They actually did very well, I was impressed how well they could speak, kids nowadays in Japan are getting much better English education than their parents did or even 10 years ago.
The girls were super cute, cute in a puppy dog kind of way, not a sex-appeal kind of way, until one of them tried to sneakily put her email in my phone lol, then it was just creepy!

(ps, I'd risk jail time to beat the life out of a grown man who fucks a junior high school girl)
I guess I'm not the approachable kind of guy. Or maybe I do stink! LOL I'm sure I smell different than they do, since I don't buy their hygiene products-I use my American-brought. Well, I'd still love to have such encounters next March.

I do remember another incident on the Yamanote. It was the first time I had gone to Japan as a tourist and I found myself separated from my friend. I took the train from Shinjuku towards Ikebukuro. I'm used to standing by the doors on the trains in Chicago since the trains are much shorter and narrower than the Japanese. I was standing next to a young couple, early to mid-20s and the guy couldn't stop sniffling. After a while I did what I was always taught to do. (Can you see where this is going and how un-Japanese it is?) I went into my backpack and grabbed one of the dozen of so packs of tissues those girls kept handing me on the street and handed it to him. He was visibly surprised and took it. He didn't blow his nose though, though now I know why. After a few stops, they got off and the girl actually turned around to face me and bowed. The look on both of their faces when I handed him the tissues was priceless. I wonder if I insulted them, even though I was just being civil and not expressing my displeasure at the sound of him sniffling. Any comments on that one? II now know my error and that blowing your nose in public is considered rude, but, dude, the guy was just hurting bad!