View Single Post
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

06-17-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
I don't think the earth is 6000yrs old, I do think it's pretty ridiculous to think that, but most importantly I don't think my opinion about it or people who think that is more important than friendships and keeping good relations with people.

In Japan it's very common to be good friends with someone who may disagree very fundamentally with you on any "strong" topic.
In western culture, politics/religion/etc often times come between friendships and even family... that's just getting it all wrong.
Sure, It's perfectly fine that you think it's ridiculous. In all fairness, I could say the same about a lot of alternative theories, some of which I'm sure you believe in. What matters more to me is how you act with those beliefs. Like you said, the important thing is to recognize that opinions very between individuals. And that's where I think objectivity is too rare a quality.

Many of my friends are Atheists, with conflicting political views. We poke fun at each-other, from time-to-time, in good fun. And that's how it should be, in my opinion.