View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
jollybean72 (Offline)
New to JF

06-23-2011, 12:10 AM

[quote=Nyororin;869409]To the original poster;

Do you have any idea where in Japan you will be going? I may be able to give you some advice or connections in the area.

Hi there, thanks for your reply. We are moving to Karuizawa, only thing I heard from people who have been there is that the place is a summer retreat for Japanese who bought houses to get away from the heat during summer. I've never been there so not much knowledge about the place in terms of schools.

In the meantime, you might want to check out the
Yahoo group MIJ (Married in Japan) for wives of Japanese.

Thanks a lot! I'll check it out.

Elementary school is very accommodating, and if you do some consulting with the school they may allow your children to start out receiving one-on-one tutoring through special support until they are more proficient. Languages are very easy for children to pick up when immersed, so I doubt there will be any huge problems. I would try to get your husband to speak to them more in Japanese now so that they will be able to convey their basic needs and have a foothold at the beginning.

[color="Blue"]Well, we will try to get as much information as we can from the schools about giving our kids some level of support. Now, my husband only speaks to them in Japanese.